Realme has announced the arrival of its highly-anticipated flagship phone, the Realme X.
The Realme X is the first Realme phone to sport a pop-up selfie camera. The company says that the selfie camera pops up in 0.7 seconds and can retract automatically if the phone is thrown or falls to the ground. The pop-up mechanism can endure 200,000 cycles or 50 selfies everyday for 10 years, the company claimed.
With the selfie camera out of the way, the Realme X boasts a full-screen design with a 6.53-inch full HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) AMOLED screen and a 91.2% screen-to-body ratio. The Realme X is also the first Realme phone with 6th generation in-display fingerprint sensor. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
Another exciting feature of the Realme X is the powerful 48MP main camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, AI scene recognition and f/1.7 lens, as well as a 5MP secondary sensor with f/2.4 lens. The pop-up selfie camera has a 16MP shooter with Sony IMX471 sensor and f/2.0 aperture. Just like the Realme 3 series, the Realme X also comes with Nightscape mode for low-light shots and Chrome Boost for more vibrant colors.
The Realme X is powered by Qualcomm octa-core Snapdragon 710 SoC with 4GB/6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. The phone comes with 3,765mAh battery with support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging. On the software front, the Realme X runs on ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The Realme X is only available in China for now and starts at 1,499 yuan (₱11,400) for the 4GB/64GB variant. The 6GB/64GB variant costs 1,599 yuan (₱12,200) while the 8GB/128GB version is priced at 1,799 yuan (₱13,700).
Realme has also announced the Realme X Lite which appears to be the Realme 3 Pro with a different name for the Chinese market. It comes with Snapdragon 710 SoC, 4,045mAh battery, 16MP + 5MP dual main camera, and a 25MP selfie camera in a waterdrop notch. The Realme X Lite is expected to cost 1,199 yuan (₱9,150) for the 4GB/64GB variant, 1,299 yuan (₱9,900) for the 6GB/64GB model, and 1,499 yuan (₱11,400) for the 6GB/128GB version.
Realme X Specs
- 6.53-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100% NTSC Color Gamut
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10nm octa-core chipset (2 x 2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold and 6 x 1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB storage or 8GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, LED flash, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE,
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5
- GPS + GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- 3,765mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 76 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 191 g