The online world is very competitive, so you want to build your web presence with a bang without compromising the ease and confidence of building a website. When it comes to website building and content management system or CMS, WordPress is one of the most used and popular platforms.
There are many good reasons why you should be using WordPress for your blogging or startup website. Learn more by continuing to read below.
Table of Contents
WordPress Is Easy to Learn
WordPress makes it easy for people who are not tech-savvy to use the platform for creating blogs and websites. Many plugins and features are free and very easy to use. Commit a few hours daily for a week, and you’ll learn the basic skills. With WordPress, you don’t have to be knowledgeable about HTML or programming to create a website.
Here’s a quick sample guide on how to learn WordPress basics in a week:
- Monday: Install and set up your WordPress site. Choose between WordPress.com and WordPress.org by checking the difference at sitebeginner.com. Also, choose your domain name and web host, and take this chance to learn how to start a WP blog.
- Tuesday: Learn the basic WordPress key concepts and get a good grasp of your dashboard or admin area.
- Wednesday: Learn more about using WordPress plugins.
- Thursday: Learn how to use WordPress themes to control the look of your site using pre-made templates.
- Friday: Customize your WordPress site by adding a contact form, creating a separate homepage, and creating a new page for a new blog post.
WordPress Offers A Lot of Helpful Plugins
With 55,093 WordPress plugins available today, you have a wide array of options to choose from to grow and develop your website. With the help of WordPress plugins, you can achieve your short-term and long-term website goals.
It’s crucial to write high-quality content, promote your articles or blogs successfully, and track your results. You can use WordPress stats plugins to track your post results and optimize your posts for search engines.
Here are some of the best WordPress plugins:
- Jetpack: It’s a plugin that usually takes the top of the WordPress plugin list. Aside from being free, it does all post tracking from stat views to site optimization and web security. You should have Jetpack to gain image performance (speeds up images), traffic growth and insights, and dedicated customer support. The tools available include Publicize, Related Posts, Sharing, and Enhanced Distribution. With this plugin, you can get big results with little effort.
- Yoast SEO: It helps people write better content by making you think about keywords and readability, or focusing on technical optimization. This plugin helps in optimizing meta descriptions and image alt tags, giving you a general technical analysis of your posts. Yoast highlights where you need to improve SEO-wise.
- WP Power Stats: You can discover visitors in real-time using this plugin, which includes statistics features such as page views, traffic sources, devices, operating systems, browsers, search terms, geographical location, and viewed posts.
WordPress Is Secure
Hackers are not able to get into WordPress due to the vulnerabilities in the latest WordPress core software. Instead, most sites are getting hacked from preventable issues, such as not using secure passwords or not keeping your WordPress site updated. WordPress is a secure platform, and you also need to follow best practices for optimum security.
WordPress Is Open Source
Building a code is free in WordPress without making your domain vulnerable. It is accessible to all users. You can download and change the WordPress code as needed without any hassle.
WordPress Is Search-Friendly
If you want to rank higher on Google and other search engines, choosing WordPress makes sense because it is SEO-friendly. Improve domain optimization by using WordPress and make your website very appealing to search engines.
WordPress is written using high standard and clean codes, thus producing semantic markups. That’s why search engines, like Google, love the highly logical and responsive design of WordPress.
WordPress Is Customizable
You can implement attractive site designs easily using the WordPress theme system. Just purchase a license for a premium WP theme that comes with pre-set layouts and detailed documentation for tons of uses.
WordPress is one of the most used website builders and content management systems because it is an open-source platform that is easy to learn. You can take advantage of the thousands of plugins available to enhance the appearance, security, and optimization of your website. Also, WordPress is SEO-friendly, customizable, and has a large pool of community support. For these reasons, WordPress is a great platform to use.