One trick I’ve learned is how to transfer money from one bank account to another using GCash. Of course, it’s entirely possible to transfer money between bank accounts if you have an online banking account. But if you don’t have an online banking account, you can use GCash instead as a “middleman” to move funds between two bank accounts.
Let’s say that you want to transfer money to a BPI account from your BDO account, but unfortunately, you don’t have a BDO online banking account. It takes some time to register and activate a BDO online banking account, which involves going to an ATM to enter a code. What you can do instead is to use your BDO Visa or MasterCard bank card to load your GCash wallet and once the money is in your wallet, you simply transfer the amount to your recipient’s bank account.
This technique works for any bank account that has a Visa or MasterCard bank card. You can also use your online banking account to top up your GCash wallet but it’s pretty much redundant since you can transfer money directly to another bank account via InstaPay. What we want to teach you is how to make a fund transfer to a bank account without using your online banking account.
If you don’t have a GCash account, you can sign up for a free account in less than a minute and get ₱70 in freebies. After registering for a free GCash account, download and install the Gcash mobile app from Google Play and the App Store.
You will have to verify your GCash account by taking a selfie and uploading a photo of your ID. Verification allows you to make online cash in and cash out transactions. Read this article to learn more about to how to verify your GCash account, load your wallet, and many more.
Step 1: Add Your Card to Gcash
The first thing you have to do is to add your bank card to GCash. You can add a maximum of 3 cards per account.
You can ignore this step if you already have a linked card or if you prefer to use other cash in options like online banking.
Here’s how to add your card to GCash:
- Open your GCash app.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top-left corner. A sliding menu will appear.
- Tap “My Linked Accounts.”
- Choose “My Bank Cards.”
- Tap the “ADD CARD” button.
- Fill up your card details: cardholder name, card number, expiry date and CVV.
- Wait for the card to be added. You will receive a text message when your card enrollment is completed.
Once your bank card is added, you can use it to load your GCash wallet.
Step 2: Add Money to Your GCash Wallet
The next step is to add money to your GCash wallet using your Visa or MasterCard bank card. It’s free to transfer money from your card to your GCash wallet.
Follow these steps to add money to your GCash wallet using your bank card:
- Open the GCash app and log in using your MPIN.
- Tap “Cash In” on the home screen.
- Select “Bank Cards” under “My Linked Accounts,” or choose “MasterCard / Visa Bank” under “Online Banks.”
- Enter the amount and select your bank card if you have multiple cards. Tap “SUBMIT.”
- Review your payment details and tap “CONFIRM.”
- Your cash in request is now being processed.
- Wait for a text message confirming your successful cash in transaction.
If you don’t have a credit or debit card, then you can use any of the several cash in options available in GCash, such as Palawan Pawnshop, Cebuana Lhuillier, Bayad Center, 7-Eleven, Globe stores, and many more. You can refer to this page for a complete list of GCash cash in options.
Step 3: Transfer Money to the Bank
Now that you have funded your GCash wallet, it’s time to transfer the money to your recipient’s bank account. GCash to bank transfers are facilitated by InstaPay so you or your recipient will receive the money instantly.
These are the banks where you can transfer your money from GCash:
- BDO Unibank
- BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co. (Metrobank)
- LandBank of the Philippines
- Security Bank
- Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- China Banking Corporation
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)
- East West Banking Corporation
- Philippines Savings Bank (PSBank)
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCOM)
- Bank of Commerce
A complete list of partner banks can be found here.
Here’s how to transfer money from GCash to a bank account:
- Open the Gcash app and log in using your MPIN.
- Tap “Bank Transfer.”
- Choose the bank where you want to transfer the money. Tap “View All” for a complete list of partner banks.
- Enter the amount, account name, bank account number and email address. Tap “SEND MONEY.”
- Review your payment details. If everything is correct, tap “CONFIRM.”
- Your GCash to bank transfer is now being processed.
- You will receive a text message and an email once the fund transfer is completed.
You’ve just learned how to use GCash to transfer money from one bank account to another. Using your online banking account is still the preferred and recommended way to send money between banks, but you can use GCash if you don’t have an online banking account or can’t access it. We hope that this article helped you with your banking needs.