Smart Padala is one of the largest domestic money remittance services in the Philippines, with over 27,000 outlets all over the country. Now under the umbrella of PayMaya Philippines, Inc., Smart Padala continues to be a popular way to send and receive money in the Philippines. It’s backed by the telecommunications giant PLDT, so you can be assured of its trustworthiness and reliability.
You might be interested in knowing what are the Smart Padala rates for 2024, and how to send or receive money through this service. The company has a website that includes this information, but, honestly speaking, we found it quite confusing. It’s written mostly in Tagalog. We understand that Tagalog is the lingua franca of the Philippines and that the company probably thinks that it makes their services more appealing to the common masses, but some people are more comfortable with English.
So we’ve come up with this short guide on Smart Padala written in English and with simple, concise explanations. Hopefully, this guide will help you when it comes to sending or receiving money through Smart Padala.
Table of Contents
Smart Padala Rate Table
Here’s the latest and updated Smart Padala rate table for 2024. The information is subject to change without prior notice, but we will try our best to update it if there are any changes.[ninja_tables id=”40508″]
How to Send Money Through Smart Padala
These are the steps in sending money to anyone in the Philippines through Smart Padala:
- Go to a Smart Padala agent outlet near you. You can use this page to search for Smart Padala branches in your location.
- Fill out the transaction slip with your personal details as well as that of your recipient.
- Give the transaction slip and a valid ID to the agent along with the mobile number of the recipient.
- Give the principal amount in cash as well as the corresponding service fee to the agent.
- Check the transaction slip for accuracy and sign it. Claim the slip that includes the reference number.
- The recipient will receive a confirmation text message along with the reference number. Take note that the recipient only has up to 150 days to claim the money.
How to Receive Money
To claim a money remittance, just follow these simple steps. Claiming of money is free.
- Go to the nearest agent outlet. You can search for the nearest Smart Padala branches using this page.
- Fill out the transaction slip and include the reference number.
- Give the transaction slip and your valid ID to the agent. Also show the confirmation text message that contains the reference number.
- Sign and receive the transaction slip.
- Count your money before leaving.
To know your reference number (in case you lost it or if you deleted the confirmation text message), text CHECK PADALA to 8890 or call the hotline number (02) 845-7777.
List of Valid IDs
Smart Padala requires only one valid ID to send or claim money. In case you’re wondering what are considered as valid IDs, here’s the list of acceptable IDs:
- Passport (including foreign passports)
- Driver’s license
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID)
- COMELEC voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- NBI clearance
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Police clearance
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) eCard
- Barangay certification
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) certification
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Senior citizen card
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) e-Card
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or Pag-IBIG ID
- Alien Certification of Registration or Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and GOCC ID e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID)
- ID Issued by the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA)
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
- Philhealth Health Insurance Card ng Bayan
As you can see, sending or receiving money through Smart Padala is fairly simple and easy. With thousands of agents nationwide as well as international remittance partners such as Western Union and WorldRemit, you can never go wrong with Smart Padala. We hope that you find this guide useful and don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook.