Every Sunday, millions of Filipinos flock to churches all over the country to celebrate the Holy Mass and listen to God’s word. However, due to lockdown restrictions, many churches have resorted to livestreaming the Holy Mass to their congregations who are not physically able to celebrate it. If you are interested to know where to watch live online Mass in the Philippines, we have compiled a list of churches that regularly livestream the Holy Mass on Facebook, YouTube and other online platforms.
In these difficult and challenging times, it’s important to comply with health protocols such as wearing masks, observing social distancing, and staying at home. Religious gatherings are not exempted from these health protocols, which means that churches can only accept a limited number of worshippers.
The good news is that you can still attend and celebrate the Holy Mass through your mobile phone or computer, thanks to the Internet. Some churches and parishes have started to stream their Masses on their websites, Facebook pages and YouTube channels. Although watching an online Mass is not the same experience as going to church, it doesn’t mean that you should be relaxed or complacent while viewing the Mass in the comfort and convenience of your home.
Bishop Broderick Pabillo, the Apostolic Administrator of Manila, has the following tips and advice for those who want to attend Mass online:
- Prepare yourself well for the Mass.
- Don’t watch it while eating or drinking.
- Before the Mass, read the Mass readings so you can hear them better when they are proclaimed in the Eucharist.
- Take a moment to think of what to thank the Lord for and what to offer Him during the Mass.
- Stay in a reverent gesture throughout the Mass.
- Stand or sit up properly just like you would inside the church.
- If possible, invite the entire family to celebrate the Mass with you.
- Don’t just watch the Mass; join in it with your prayers, singing and responses.
- Say the Spiritual Communion prayer at the time of communion.
- Remember that you are praying together with your fellow Catholics not only in your parish but also around the world.
Live Online Mass on Facebook
The following is a list of churches that stream the Holy Mass on Facebook. The mass schedules listed here are only those that are being livestreamed online. For the complete schedule of masses including those that are not streamed online, please visit their respective Facebook pages.
Note: You can use the search box to filter masses by name of church, day or hour. Schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Live Online Mass on YouTube
Some churches also stream the Holy Mass on YouTube aside from Facebook. The list below are the churches that have their own YouTube channels where you can attend Mass online.
We’ve only listed the notable churches in the Philippines that offer online mass livestreaming so this compilation is by no means a complete and authoritative one. This article is only intended as a convenient, one-stop guide for Catholics who want to watch the Holy Mass online but don’t know how.
Don’t forget to bookmark this article and share it with your friends, family and loved ones who might be interested in hearing the word of God online.