It’s quite annoying to know that your PLDT Internet connection has been redirected or disconnected due to an overdue bill. If that happens, you can request for a reconnection of your disconnected PLDT Home Fibr or DSL line after settling your overdue balance. So how does one request for a PLDT Internet reconnection?
As a PLDT subscriber, it’s important to pay your bills on time and before the due date in order to avoid disconnection. PLDT will usually send you a text notification about 3 days before your account is due for redirection or disconnection. That will give you enough time to settle your overdue balance. In some cases, a PLDT customer service agent will call you to inform you of your outstanding balance or a pending disconnection.
Once disconnected, you can no longer access the Internet and you will be redirected to the PLDT payment portal where you can pay your bill online. Aside from the PLDT payment portal, there are several other ways to pay your PLDT bills online such as GCash, PayMaya and online banking websites and apps. Read this article to learn how to pay your PLDT bills online.
So before you request for reconnection, make sure that you have already paid off your outstanding balance in your PLDT account.
Table of Contents
How to Request PLDT Reconnection via 171
The easiest way to request reconnection for PLDT Home Fibr or DSL is to dial 171 on your Smart-enabled mobile phone.
Follow these steps to request for reconnection and restore your Internet service:
- Pay your outstanding balance with PLDT. You may enroll your account with the PLDT website or the myPLDT Smart app to check your balance.
- Call 171 on your mobile phone. It’s free for Smart subscribers.
- Press “1” for existing PLDT subscribers.
- Enter your telephone number starting with the area code or the 11-digit Ultera or Home WiFi number. For example, if your telephone number is 123-4567 and the area code is 02, then enter 021234567.
- The system will automatically detect that your account has been disconnected and inform you of such.
- Press “1” to request for auto-reconnection or press “2” to talk to a customer service representative.
- You will be informed that your PLDT account will be reconnected within 2 hours.
Easy, isn’t it? However, it may take longer than 2 hours for normal Internet service to be restored. That’s because it will take some time for your payment to be posted to your account. It may take up to 24 hours for your last payment to reflect in your PLDT account.
In my case, it took about 12 hours for my PLDT account to be reconnected after paying my overdue balance. I paid my PLDT bill online at 10 AM and the Internet connection was restored at around 10 PM.
How to Request PLDT Reconnection via Facebook Messenger
Another way to request reconnection is to send a message to PLDT via Facebook Messenger. Be sure to have your telephone number and PLDT account number ready.
- Pay your overdue balance if you haven’t done so already.
- Visit the Facebook page of PLDT Home and click “Message.” Or you can search “PLDT Home” on the Messenger app.
- Click “Get Started.”
- The chatbot will ask: “Are you an existing PLDT Home subscriber?” Select “YES.”
- Click “Proceed.”
- Enter your telephone number starting with the area code. For example, 0281234567 where 02 is the area code (the area code should always start with “0”).
- Enter your 10-digit PLDT account number.
- The chatbot will notify you that your Internet service has been restricted. Your overdue balance will also be displayed. Click “Reconnection Request.”
- PLDT will inform you that your reconnection request has been submitted and that your Internet connection will be restored within 2 hours.
If your PLDT Internet connection has not been restored after 24 hours, you can call 171 and follow the voice instructions to speak to a PLDT customer service agent.
How to Request PLDT Reconnection via Twitter
If you have a Twitter account, you can send a direct message to the the PLDT Cares Twitter account to request reconnection of your service. Be sure to include the complete subscriber name, PLDT account number and proof of payment to expedite your reconnection request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I request reconnection even if I have not yet paid my overdue balance?
Yes, you can request PLDT reconnection even if you have not settled your overdue balance yet. However, there are some instances where you will be asked to pay your bill first before requesting reconnection.
My PLDT line was disconnected. How can I request reactivation of my account?
To request account reactivation, settle your overdue balance first and then send the proof of payment to [email protected].
Can I request a payment arrangement?
It’s possible to request a payment arrangement with a promise to pay within 3 days. Just click “Chat with Agent” when prompted in Messenger and mention that you need more time to pay your bill. However, there’s no guarantee that your request will be accepted by the system.
It sucks to have your Internet connection abruptly cut off because you failed to pay your bills on time, especially if you have important things to do online such as work or study. It only takes less than a minute to request a reconnection but it might take several hours for normal service to resume. That’s why you should pay your PLDT bill before the due date to avoid the inconvenience of getting your Internet disconnected.