One of the many benefits of e-wallets like GCash is the convenience that they offer to users. With GCash, there’s no need to go to remittance centers just to send money to your family and loved ones. But what if your recipient doesn’t have a GCash account and prefers to cash out at remittance outlets like Palawan Express Pera Padala?
The truth of the matter is that you cannot send money from GCash to Palawan Express Pera Padala, at least directly. However, you can transfer money from your GCash wallet to your recipient’s GCash account, and then the recipient will cash out the money at a Palawan Express Pera Padala outlet.
Keep in mind that GCash cash outs are available only at selected Palawan Express Pera Padala branches. So before you head over to Palawan Pawnshop to claim your money, be sure to call the branch first and ask if they allow you to cash out from GCash.
An alternative way to send money to someone without a GCash account is GCash Padala. With GCash Padala, you can send money to non-GCash users who can claim the money at over 2,000 partner outlets including Tambunting Pawnshop, ExpressPay, TrueMoney, Panalo Express, and Posible. Read this article to learn how to use GCash Padala to send money to recipients who don’t have a GCash account.
If GCash Padala is not available in your area or if your recipient prefers to use Palawan Express Pera Padala, then you can send money to them but your recipient will need to have a fully verified GCash account. Basic or non-verified users cannot cash out or withdraw their GCash funds. Check out this article to know how to verify and upgrade your GCash account.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Send Money to Recipient’s GCash Account
The first phase of this guide requires you to send money to your recipient’s GCash wallet. If your intended recipient doesn’t have a GCash account yet, you may ask them to open a GCash account. It’s free and usually takes less than a minute.
As mentioned previously, your recipient must have a fully verified GCash account to accept payments. Read this article to learn how to upgrade your GCash account to fully verified (you only need one valid ID).
Follow these steps to send money to your recipient’s GCash account:
- Open the GCash app on your phone and login using your MPIN.
- Tap “Send Money.”
- Select “Express Send.”
- Enter the name or mobile number of your recipient.
- Enter the amount that you want to send. GCash-to-GCash transfers are free of charge.
- Optionally, you can write a short personal message for your recipient. Tap “Next” to continue.
- Review your payment details and check if the recipient’s number is correct. Finally, press the “Send” button.
- If the fund transfer is successful, you will receive a text message confirming the transaction. You may confirm with your recipient if the money has been credited to their GCash account.
Part 2: Cash Out GCash at Palawan Express Pera Padala
Once your recipient has received the money in their GCash wallet, the next step is to claim it at the nearest Palawan Express Pera Padala branch. Take note that not all branches will accept GCash cash outs and withdrawals since Palawan Pawnshop and Palawan Express Pera Padala are no longer included in the list of GCash cash out partners.
If your recipient can’t find a Palawan Pawnshop branch that accepts GCash cash outs, you may ask them to look for a GCash partner outlet instead, such as Tambunting, Villarica and TrueMoney.
Here’s how your recipient can cash out at Palawan Express Pera Padala:
- Go to the nearest Palawan Express Pera Padala branch. You can locate outlets near you by using this branch finder.
- Approach the cashier and tell her that you want to cash out from GCash.
- Fill out the GCash Service Form and write down your complete name, GCash-registered number and transaction amount. Choose “Cash-Out” and write your ID number. Don’t forget to include your signature.
- Give the form to the cashier along with your valid ID.
- GCash will text you to verify your cash out request. Reply with your OTP or MPIN to confirm the transaction.
- Collect your money and ID. Be sure to count your money before leaving.
Alternative GCash Cash Out Options
Considering that some Palawan Express Pera Padala branches don’t accept GCash cash out requests, we are giving you a few alternatives for cashing out your money if your recipient doesn’t have a GCash account.
Alternative Option 1: Coins.ph
Coins.ph is an e-wallet that is an excellent alternative to GCash. What we like about Coins.ph is that it has a feature where you can cash out to local remittance centers such as M Lhuillier, LBC and Palawan Express Pera Padala.
What you can do is to transfer funds from GCash to Coins.ph, and then using your Coins.ph account, you make a cash out request to Palawan Express Pera Padala. Afterwards, you give the transaction reference code to your recipient who will then claim the money at a Palawan Express Pera Padala branch. Your recipient doesn’t need to have a Coins.ph account to do this.
Follow these steps to send money to Palawan Express Pera Padala via Coins.ph:
- Transfer money from your GCash wallet to your Coins.ph account if you haven’t done so already.
- Open the Coins.ph app and select “Cash Out.”
- Select “Palawan Express Pera Padala” from the featured cash out options.
- Enter the amount to cash out. Tap “Next.”
- Enter the personal details of your recipient, such as name, phone/mobile number and full address. Press “Next” to continue.
- Review the payment details and slide your finger over the “Slide to confirm” button.
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your email. Tap “Submit.”
- Your order has been placed. Copy the transaction reference code and give it to your recipient for claiming at a Palawan Express Pera Padala branch.
Availability of funds is by 6:00 PM on the same day if the cash out request was made before 3:00 PM. Orders placed after 3:00 PM will be available by 6:00 PM on the next business day.
Read this article for the complete, step-by-step guide on how to send money from Coins.ph to Palawan Express Pera Padala.
Alternative Option 2: GCash Padala
With GCash Padala, you can easily and conveniently send GCash funds to a non-GCash user. All you need is the personal information of your recipient (e.g. name and mobile number) and you can send money using only your GCash app. The recipient can then claim the money at a GCash Padala authorized agent such as Tambunting Pawnshop, ExpressPay, TrueMoney and Posible.
Unfortunately, Palawan Pawnshop and Palawan Express Pera Padala are not GCash Padala partners, so you will have to look for a different remittance outlet that accepts GCash Padala. You can use this page to see the nearest GCash Padala partner outlets in your locality (be sure to allow location when your browser asks for it).
- Open the GCash app and tap “Send Money.”
- Select “GCash Padala.”
- Enter the recipient’s full name, contact number and amount. Press “Next.”
- Review the transaction details and tap the “Pay” button.
- If the GCash Padala transfer is successful, both you and your recipient will receive text messages containing the reference number. Use the reference number when claiming the money at a GCash Padala partner outlet.
Check out this article for a complete and step-by-step guide on how to send money with GCash Padala.
Gone are the days when you had to personally visit the bank or remittance center just to send money to your family and loved ones. Thanks to GCash, you can transfer money to basically anyone in the Philippines using your smartphone and without ever leaving the house. And with a wide variety of online and over-the-counter cash out options including Palawan Express Pera Padala, your hard-earned money will be in your recipient’s hands in a matter of minutes.
Should you have any questions and concerns, you may call the GCash hotline number 2882 (for Globe users) or (02) 7730-2882 (for non-Globe users). You may also email [email protected].